2020 ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Exam Preparation and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules
In an engaging and interactive format, the course faculty will lead participants through 50 board review questions focusing on the key topics covered in FPHM exam and the latest updates in hospital medicine. Using an audience response system, attendees will have the opportunity to think through questions followed by an in-depth discussion from teaching-award winning faculty. The reasoning behind each answer will be explained and faculty will point out key topic areas for ongoing study preparation. Along the way, test taking tips will be provided and pattern recognition will be reinforced. Questions will come from both the ABIM MOC 2019-2020 Updates in Hospital Medicine module and SHM’s Spark study preparation questions. Topic areas covered will include the 40% of the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam not covered in traditional exam preparation tools such as Perioperative Care, Ethics, Patient Safety and Quality.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Identify core topics commonly tested on the ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam.
- Analyze clinical scenarios to apply recent evidence-based literature in hospital medicine to clinical practice and test taking.
- Grow practice test taking skills with tips from course teaching faculty.
Conflict Of Interest Disclosure Policy
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, SHM requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. SHM mitigates all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All relevant financial relationships shall be disclosed to participants prior to the start of the activity.
Furthermore, SHM seeks to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing medical education (CME) activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. SHM is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities that promote improvements in healthcare and not those of a commercial interest.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules and Board Prep for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules and Board Prep, with a beginning date of 03/24/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 5.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.75 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.75 Non-physician