Utilizing Other Providers In Your Practice
Clinical Documentation & Coding for Hospitalists (formerly CODE-H) offers hospitalists the latest information on best practices in coding, documentation and compliance from national experts. The program provides recorded webinar sessions presented by expert faculty, downloadable resources, and an interactive discussion forum through Hospital Medicine Exchange (HMX), enabling participants to ask questions and learn the most relevant answers.
To educate participants in historical and updated coding information and resources while emphasizing the need for coding correctly and giving them the training to do so.
Physicians, NP/PA, practice administrators, hospitalists.
After completing the module, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss the complications hospitalist encounter when coding.
- Address specific challenges hospitalist may have keeping up with changes in regards to coding.
- Reflect on the implications that coding incorrectly and/or inaccurately may have on their hospital.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement:
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release date: April 17, 2017. Expiration date: April 17, 2020.
- Evaluation & Management Services: Basics of Documentation Part I - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
- Evaluation & Management Services: Basics of Documentation Part II - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
- Time Based Services - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
- Navigating the Rules for Hospitalists - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
- Challenges of Concurrent Care - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
- Utilizing Other Providers In Your Practice - Scott Manaker, MD, PhD
- Putting Time Into Critical Care Documentation - Scott Manaker, MD, PhD
- EMR and Mitigating Risk: What you can do to Mitigate Your Risk? - Mary I. Falbo, MBA, CPC
- August Q&A Session for Clinical Documentation & Coding For Hospitalists - Carol Pohlig, BSN, RN,CPC,ASC
Scott Manaker, MD, PhD
Scott Manaker reports having no significant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Non-physician
The following activity is a webinar followed by a CME evaluation. You must watch the webinar before completing the evaluation. All sections must be completed to receive CME credit.
We recommend that you use the most updated version of your internet browser to view the webinar. If you experience any issues, please try another browser.
To navigate each slide, use the icons in the popup window. You will not be permitted to skip around within the slide.
Click START to begin.