Welcome to the SHM Learning Portal
The best place for hospital medicine-specific CME and MOC, the Society of Hospital Medicine Learning Portal is the premier way for hospitalists to stay up-to-date on clinical content, continue their education, and enjoy the convenience of online learning modules.
DEA Requirement Resources
Under the MATE Act, to receive or renew a DEA registration, clinicians who prescribe controlled substances must complete eight hours of education related to pain management and the treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) and substance abuse disorder (SUD). The Society of Hospital Medicine has compiled a list of sessions that meet this requirement. Learn more with our FAQ document here.
New CME Courses
The following courses were published by SHM within the last 6 months.
- Expert Consensus On New Standards Of Care For Detecting, Predicting, And Managing Glycemic Excursions In The Hospital
- SHM Converge On Demand 2023
- DEA Requirement (OUD & SUD) Education
- Quality and Safety Educators Academy: Online Modules
- Evolving Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Use in the Hospital: Where Are We Now?
- Utilization Management and Clinical Documentation for Pediatric Hospitalists
- Fluid Resuscitation in the Critically Ill
- Evaluation and Management of Perioperative Anemia
- SHM Quality Improvement Academy
- Pulmonary Risk Management in the Perioperative Setting
Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series
SHM is committed to providing essential education for hospitalists on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Eric Siegal, lead editor of the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series, recommends the following courses:
View all courses in the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series.
SHM Consults: Perioperative and Consultative Medicine
Check out some of the newest updates to our SHM Consults: Perioperative and Consultative Medicine curriculum:
- Managing Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital: Critically Ill and Surgical Patients
- Managing Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital: Focus on the Noncritically Ill Patient
- Medical and Perioperative Management of the Pregnant Patient
See the full Core and Advance curricula here.
SHM has partnered with the American Medical Association (AMA) to share our CME activities with other physicians and medical professionals. Visit AMA’s Ed Hub for more educational offerings.