SHM is actively monitoring the evolving outbreak of COVID-19 and is dedicated to supporting hospitalists. We will be continually updating our resource page with information developed by hospitalists and by other organizations.
Welcome to the SHM Learning Portal
The best place for hospital medicine-specific CME and MOC, the Society of Hospital Medicine Learning Portal is the premier way for hospitalists to stay up-to-date on clinical content, continue their education, and enjoy the convenience of online learning modules.
Your Enrolled CME Activities
New CME Courses
The following courses were published by SHM within the last 6 months.
- Quality and Safety Educators Academy: Online Modules
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine On Demand 2022
- Evolving Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Use in the Hospital: Where Are We Now?
- Utilization Management and Clinical Documentation for Pediatric Hospitalists
- Fluid Resuscitation in the Critically Ill
- Evaluation and Management of Perioperative Anemia
- SHM Quality Improvement Academy
- SHM Converge On Demand 2022
- Pulmonary Risk Management in the Perioperative Setting
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Mental Status Changes: Delirium
Popular Topics for Hospitalists
The following are popular topics for hospitalists. Search for more topics in the Course Catalog!
Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series
SHM is committed to providing essential education for hospitalists on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr. Eric Siegal, lead editor of the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series, recommends the following courses:
Tracheostomy Management for the Hospitalist
Fluid Resuscitation in the Critically Ill
Mechanical Ventilation Part I: The Basics
Mechanical Ventilation Part II: Beyond The Basics
Mechanical Ventilation Part III: ARDS
View all courses in the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series.
SHM Consults: Perioperative and Consultative Medicine
View all courses in SHM Consults: Perioperative and Consultative Medicine or according to curriculum:
Society of Hospital Medicine members receive exclusive discounts on SHM products, services and events. Join SHM today to access more than 130 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM currently FREE to members.
Contact us for questions, concerns, feedback or requests for new content. To read about SHM's CME mission, and find additional education in the form of live meetings, visit SHM's Education page.