2016 The Highly Effective Hospital Medicine Group: Using SHM’s Key Characteristics to Drive Performance
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Describe the components of SHM’s Key Principles and Characteristics of an Effective Hospital Medicine Group, and use the tool to assess the current state of their hospital medicine practice and guide improvement efforts.
- Implement proven strategies for recruiting and retaining a talented team of engaged hospitalists, promoting high morale and job satisfaction, and aligning their work with health system goals.
- Develop effective communication and care coordination initiatives to support patient and family-centered, team-based care.
- Take steps to ensure the hospitalists appropriately evolve their scope of practice and play a leadership role in addressing key clinical issues in their institutions.
Accreditation and Designation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Blackwell Futura Media Services and the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM). Blackwell Futura Media Services is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
Blackwell Futura Media Services designates this live meeting for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|John Nelson, MD, MHM||Nothing to Disclose|
|Winthrop Whitcomb, MD, MHM||Stock Options||Remedy Partners|
|Leslie A. Flores, MHA, SFHM||Ownership||Nelson Flores Hospital Medical Consultants|
|Steven Deitelzweig, MD, MMM,SFHM,FACP||Consulting Fee||Novosys|
|Advisory Committee/Faculty||Bristol-Myers Squibb|
|Research Grant||Bristol-Myers Squibb|
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™