2016 Point-of-care Ultrasound for the Hospitalist AM
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Appreciate the basics of ultrasound physics and technology and the fundamentals to operate a portable ultrasound machine (“knobology”).
- Differentiate between the different types of ultrasound transducers and select the correct transducer type for various point-of-care applications.
- Demonstrate proper techniques to perform a focused cardiac and lung ultrasound exam and recognize common thoracic pathologies by interpreting abnormal thoracic ultrasound images.
- Visualize the normal sonographic appearance of abdominal solid organs and vasculature of the neck and lower extremities, and interpret a series of abnormal ultrasound images to recognize gross pathologies.
Accreditation and Designation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Blackwell Futura Media Services and the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM). Blackwell Futura Media Services is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
Blackwell Futura Media Services designates this live meeting for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Nilam J. Soni, MD, FHM, FACP||Nothing to Disclose|
|Ricardo Franco, MD||Nothing to Disclose|
|Daniel Schnobrich, MD||Nothing to Disclose|
|Nitin Puri||Nothing to Disclose|
|Kirk T. Spencer, MD, FASE||Nothing to Disclose|
|Ria Dancel, MD, FAAP||Nothing to Disclose|
|Alycia P. Lee, BS, RVT, RDCS||Nothing to Disclose|
|Carolina Candotti, MD||Nothing to Disclose|
|Saaid Abdel-Ghani, MD||Nothing to Disclose|
|Venkat Kalidindi, MD, FHM||Nothing to Disclose|
|David Tierney, MD, FACP||Nothing to Disclose|
|Benji K. Mathews, MD, FACP||Nothing to Disclose|
|Gerard Salame, MD||Nothing to Disclose|
|Joel Cho, MD, RPVI, RDCS||Nothing to Disclose|
|Trevor Prosch Jensen, MD, MS||Nothing to Disclose|
- 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™