2017 ABIM Maintenance of Certification
In an interactive format, the Pre-Course faculty will lead participants through two learning modules to help them prepare for the ABIM/ABFM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam. By completing the modules, participants can also earn points toward the ABIM Maintenance of Certification program.
Two modules will be presented: the ABIM Update in Hospital Medicine 2016 module and a new module created from the SHM SPARK online self-assessment tool. SHM SPARK targets subject areas – such as Perioperative Care, Ethics, Patient Safety and Quality – that comprise 40% of the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam and are not covered in traditional exam preparation tools. Of note, the Pre-Course will occur 2 weeks before the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Exam in May 2017. Attendees will also have the opportunity to discuss the Recognition of Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine pathway and changes to the MOC process.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Prepare for the ABIM/ABFM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam
- Complete two medical knowledge modules that qualify for ABIM Maintenance of Certification points
- Analyze ABIM 2016 Update in Hospital Medicine questions and SHM SPARK module questions to determine the correct answers and rationale for such answers
- Use clinical scenarios to apply recent evidence-based literature in hospital medicine to clinical practice
- Navigate the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine certification process
Accreditation and Designation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Blackwell Futura Media Services and the Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM). Blackwell Futura Media Services is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
Blackwell Futura Media Services designates this live meeting for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Allen B. Repp, MD, MS, SFHM, FACP||Nothing to Disclose|
|Patricia Seymour, MS MD, FAAFP, FHM||Nothing to Disclose|
|Anjala V. Tess, MD, SFHM||Honoraria||Society of Hospital Medicine|
|Brian Wolfe, MD, FHM||Nothing to Disclose|
- 7.00 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 7.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.00 Non-physician