2018 Keep Your Finger on the Pulse – Cardiology Update for the Hospitalist
The field of cardiology changes rapidly and it is not easy to keep up with best practices. This course will address the latest information on common cardiovascular conditions so the clinician can easily incorporate new concepts into daily practice. We will also focus on improving clinical skills by reviewing physical examination techniques and EKG rhythm identification. By using didactic case based lectures, there will be ample time for discussion and feedback.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the appropriate indications for diagnostic testing in cardiac disease
- Incorporate up to date cardiovascular knowledge in the care of cardiac patients
- Improve physical examination and EKG interpretation skills
- Identify best practices for common cardiovascular conditions and how to achieve them
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity Keep Your Finger on the Pulse – Cardiology Update for the Hospitalist for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.00 Non-physician