2019 ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules and Board Prep
In an interactive format, the Pre-Course faculty will lead participants through several learning modules to help them prepare for the ABIM/ABFM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam or Knowledge Check-in. By completing the modules, participants can also earn points toward the ABIM Maintenance of Certification program and CME credits for AAFM. During the sessions we will review the 2018-2019 ABIM Update in Hospital Medicine module and several modules created from the SHM SPARK ONE online self-assessment tool.
SHM SPARK ONE includes content areas – such as Perioperative Care, Ethics, Patient Safety and Quality – that comprise 40% of the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam and are not covered in traditional exam preparation tools. Attendees will also have the opportunity to discuss the Recognition of Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine pathway and changes to the MOC process including the Knowledge Check-in.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Identify core topics commonly tested on the ABIM/ABFM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine exam.
- Analyze clinical scenarios to apply recent evidence-based literature in hospital medicine to clinical practice and test taking.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in your specialty through maintenance of certification process.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules and Board Prep for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Modules and Board Prep, with a beginning date of 03/24/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 5.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.75 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.75 MOC points [and patient safety MOC credit] in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit
- 6.75 Non-physician