2022 Ultrasound-Guided Procedures AM
Participants will complete a curriculum of on-line modules, live didactics, and hands on simulation-based training for central venous catheter, intraosseous catheter, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and lumbar puncture. The on-line modules will cover the basic steps. The live didactics will explore the highest yield and most challenging components of each procedure. Over half of the time will be spent practicing these ultrasound-guided procedures on mannequins under the direction of expert faculty. The course has an optimal faculty-to-learner ratio to maximize the learning experience.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Demonstrate the proper techniques for performing the following procedures: central venous catheter, intraosseous catheter, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and lumbar puncture
- Understand static and dynamic ultrasound techniques for these procedures
- Formulate a plan for continued procedural skill development
The planners and faculty for this activity have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted at the link below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity Bedside Procedures for the Hospitalist for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 4.00 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 4.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 4.00 Non-physician