Academic Hospitalist Academy 2022: Level 1
The annual Academic Hospitalist Academy provides academic hospitalists with the educational, scholarly and professional development skills they need to advance their careers and begin a pathway to success in academic hospital medicine. Primarily designed for junior hospitalists pursuing academic careers, the Academy is an ideal learning resource for experienced hospitalists transitioning to academic medicine. Participants will learn how to be effective teachers, understand the process to create and disseminate scholarly work, become aware of the basics of promotion, ascertain the skills to be an asset, engage skills to participate in a mentor-mentee relationship, understand the business drivers of healthcare and learn the basics of quality improvement and patient safety.
Upon completion of this educational activity:
- Participants will become more effective teachers, and will possess stronger knowledge in quality improvement and patient safety.
- Participants will establish effective participation in mentor-mentee relationships.
- Participants will succeed in producing and disseminating scholarly work.
- Participants will become assets to their academic institutions, with awareness of the basics of promotion and an understanding of business drivers of healthcare, and will advance their careers in a pathway of success in academic hospital medicine.
- Recognize the importance of creating a positive learning climate.
- Describe how to harness enthusiasm in clinical teaching.
- List three techniques to help learners feel respected and comfortable.
SHM CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY
The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 23.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 23.75 Non-physician