Academic Hospitalist Academy: Advancing Your Career - Day 2
Primarily designed for mid-career academic hospitalists. After 4-8 years of practice, many academic hospitalists have developed specific interests in areas of administration, education, research, or quality improvement. This program aims to meet the needs of academic hospitalists with these more specific interests, and will address topics that all mid-career academics should be knowledgeable about (for example, project planning and understanding financial drivers of academic medical centers).
Upon completion of this educational activity:
- Participants will become more effective teachers, and will possess stronger knowledge in quality improvement and patient safety.
- Participants will establish effective participation in mentor-mentee relationships.
- Participants will succeed in producing and disseminating scholarly work.
- Participants will become assets to their academic institutions, with awareness of the basics of promotion and an understanding of business drivers of healthcare, and will advance their careers in a pathway of success in academic hospital medicine.
SHM CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY
The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 Non-physician