Annual Conference 2018
Hospital Medicine 2018 (HM18), the Society of Hospital Medicine’s (SHM’s) annual conference, is the premier educational event for healthcare professionals who specialize in hospital medicine. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from across the nation, learn from renowned faculty from throughout the discipline and take back tools and resources to directly benefit their patients and practice. This exciting educational opportunity has been designed to provide participants with tools to:
- Improve clinical skills
- Address management issues with possible solutions
- Lead change and innovation within their organizations
- Visit the Exhibit Hall to meet with more than 200 companies and learn about the latest products and services
- Describe current state-of-the-art evidence-based clinical practice for key topics in adult and pediatric hospital medicine.
- Implement system changes to promote quality and improve patient safety
- Address current challenges in academic and educational systems for improving hospital medicine
- Discuss new policy, financial, ethical, legal and management trends impacting inpatient care
The planners and faculty for this activity have no relevant relationships to disclose unless listed in the link below.
SHM CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, SHM requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. SHM resolves all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All relevant financial relationships shall be disclosed to participants prior to the start of the activity.
Furthermore, SHM seeks to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing medical education (CME) activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. SHM is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities that promote improvements in healthcare and not those of a commercial interest.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
SHM Credit Statement
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Credit Statement
This Live activity, Hospital Medicine 2018, with a beginning date of 04/08/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 18.0 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AOA Credit Statement
The American Osteopathic Association (AOA) has approved the program of the Society of Hospital Medicine for 18.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credits.
MOC Credit Statement
Successful completion of the CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 12.00 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 18.75 Non-physician
Please click the Start Course button to complete the Annual Conference 2018 evaluations. Each day of the conference will appear in the evaluation with the sessions that occured on that day. You should ONLY choose the sessions that you attended in order to claim the appropriate amount of credit. The credit amounts for each session will be listed next to the session title for your convenience.