Coaching a Quality Improvement Team
- Recognize the skill set and role of a coach on a quality improvement team
- Utilize high impact coaching behaviors
- Partner with an improvement team to speed improvement and maximize yield
The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
Author & Editor
Paul Helgerson, MD, SFHM
Editor: Bahnsen Miller, MD
SHM Conflict Of Interest Disclosure Policy
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, SHM requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. SHM mitigates all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All relevant financial relationships shall be disclosed to participants prior to the start of the activity.
Furthermore, SHM seeks to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing medical education (CME) activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. SHM is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities that promote improvements in healthcare and not those of a commercial interest.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this activity for a maximum of .25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.25 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 0.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.25 Non-physician
The following is an interactive educational module designed to help you gauge your basic knowledge of the topic and then direct you to areas you may need to focus on. It consists of the following: a study program & CME evaluation. All sections must be completed to receive CME credit.
Click START COURSE at the bottom of the page to begin.