On Demand - Palliative Care Track Standalone
This On Demand is a collection of the palliative care tracks from Hospital Medicine 2018 (HM18) and Hospital Medicine 2019 (HM19), the Society of Hospital Medicine’s (SHM’s) annual meeting. HM is the premier educational event for healthcare professionals who specialize in hospital medicine. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from across the nation, learn from renowned faculty from throughout the discipline and take back tools and resources to directly benefit their patients and practice. This exciting educational opportunity has been designed to provide participants with tools to:
- Improve clinical skills
- Address management issues with possible solutions
- Lead change and innovation within their organizations
- Describe current state-of-the-art evidence-based clinical practice for key topics in adult and pediatric hospital medicine.
- Implement system changes to promote quality and improve patient safety
- Address current challenges in academic and educational systems for improving hospital medicine
- Discuss new policy, financial, ethical, legal and management trends impacting inpatient care
For more information on SHM's annual conferences and On Demand options, visit our website.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
SHM CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, SHM requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. SHM resolves all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All relevant financial relationships shall be disclosed to participants prior to the start of the activity.
Furthermore, SHM seeks to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing medical education (CME) activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. SHM is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities that promote improvements in healthcare and not those of a commercial interest.