Hospital Medicine 2020 Virtual: August 25-27
Hospital Medicine 2020 (HM2020) Virtual, is a comprehensive educational experience designed specifically for hospital medicine professionals. Attendees will have live engagement opportunities including Q&A and peer-to-peer chat. They will learn from renowned faculty while being able to take back tools and resources that will directly benefit their patients and practice. This exciting offering has been designed to provide participants with tools to:
- Improve clinical skills
- Address management issues with possible solutions
- Lead change and innovation within their organizations
- Describe current state-of-the-art evidence-based clinical practice for key topics in adult and pediatric hospital medicine.
- Implement system changes to promote quality and improve patient safety.
- Address current challenges in academic and educational systems for improving hospital medicine.
- Discuss new policy, financial, ethical, legal and management trends impacting inpatient care.
SHM CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE POLICY
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, SHM requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. SHM mitigates all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All relevant financial relationships shall be disclosed to participants prior to the start of the activity.
Furthermore, SHM seeks to verify that all scientific research referred to, reported, or used in a continuing medical education (CME) activity conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis. SHM is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities that promote improvements in healthcare and not those of a commercial interest.
The planners and faculty for this activity have no relevant relationships to disclose unless listed below.
Lillian Lien, MD, FACP
Tom Leventhal, MD
Stéphanie Mayer, MD, MHSc
Received grants or funds in support of research of related company products
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 6.00 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 Non-physician