Leadership Academy: Mastering Teamwork 2018
Leadership Mastering Teamwork course focuses on how to critically assess program growth opportunities and develop operational plans, utilize the principles of SWARM intelligence, lead, manage and motivate teams in complex hospital environments and communicate effectively in the Mastering Teamwork course.Prominent faculty deep-dive into many of the leadership skills and practices in this session to provide participants with a better understanding of team and organizational dynamics and how their personal leadership skills can strengthen teams and improve organizational growth/success.
- Manage team dynamics and potential threats to high performance.
- Understand and manage a variety of professional motivations for individuals within a team.
- Apply effective communication strategies in all aspects.
- Invest in themselves as leaders to optimize professional growth and career path.
- Critically assess program growth opportunities and implement the necessary infrastructure for success.
- Utilize the theory of SWARM intelligence to enhance overall institutional success.
Faculty & Disclosures
- Kay Cannon, MBA, MCC
Dr. Cannon reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- Leonard J. Marcus, PhD
Dr. Marcus reports the following relationship: Cambridge Meta Leadership, Consulting Fee & Honoraria
- Amit Prachand, M.Eng.
Dr. Prachand reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- Jeffrey G. Wiese, MD, MHM
Dr. Wiese reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- Mark Williams, MD, MHM
Dr. Williams reports the following relationships: University of Kentucky, Salary; SHM, Honoraria; Elsevier, Royalty; PCORI, Grant; AHRQ, Grant; CMS, Grant; NCATS, Grant
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 23.25 Non-physician
Once you enter the activity, you will see an evaluation for each day and within each day you will be able to select and evaluate the sessions you attended.
At the end of the daily evaluations, you will need to fill out an overall evaluation before claiming your CME for the entire meeting.
Click START to begin.