Leadership Academy: Strategic Essentials 2018
Leadership Academy: Strategic Essentials is a four-day course that serves as the first step in your Leadership journey. Attendees learn how to evaluate personal leadership strengths and weaknesses, create and execute a communication strategy for key team members, understand key hospital drivers, examine how hospital metrics are derived and much more.
- Assess their individual leadership style, and their strengths/weaknesses.
- Use negotiation skills to effectively advocate the value of their hospitalist programs.
- Understand key financial and performance metrics impacting their hospitals and hospitalist programs.
- Create and execute a communication strategy for all key constituencies.
- Implement methods of effective change through leadership, shared vision and management of the organizations culture.
- Utilize strategic planning to define a vision for their program, prioritize efforts and achieve designated goals.
Faculty & Disclosures
- John Nelson, MD, MHM
- Jeffrey Glasheen, MD, SFHM
Dr. Glasheen reports the following relationships: ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Exam Committee, Consulting Fee; Hospital Medicine Secrets, Consulting Fee; Rocky Mountain Hospital Medicine Symposium, Honoraria; Practical Reviews in Hospital Medicine, Honoraria; SHM Leadership & Academic Hospitalist Academies, Honoraria, Local & National Grand Rounds Presentations, Honoraria.
- Mike Guthrie, MD, MBA
Dr. Guthrie reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- Russell L. Holman, MD, MHM
Dr. Holman reports the following relationship: LifePoint Health, Salary & Stock
- Eric E. Howell, MD, SFHM
Dr. Howell reports the following relationships: John Hopkins, Salary; Hopkins QI Research, Grant
- Timothy J. Keogh, Ph.D.
Dr. Keogh reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
- Larry Wellikson, MD, MHM
Dr. Wellikson reports having no relevant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 23.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 23.00 Non-physician
Once you enter the activity, you will see an evaluation for each day and within each day you will be able to select and evaluate the sessions you attended.
At the end of the daily evaluations, you will need to fill out an overall evaluation before claiming your CME for the entire meeting.
Click START to begin.