Leadership Academy: Strategic Essentials 2023
Leadership Academy: Strategic Essentials is a four-day course that serves as the first step in your Leadership journey. Attendees learn how to evaluate personal leadership strengths and weaknesses, create and execute a communication strategy for key team members, understand key hospital drivers, examine how hospital metrics are derived and much more.
- Assess their individual leadership style, and their strengths/weaknesses.
- Use negotiation skills to effectively advocate the value of their hospitalist programs.
- Understand key financial and performance metrics impacting their hospitals and hospitalist programs.
- Create and execute a communication strategy for all key constituencies.
- Implement methods of effective change through leadership, shared vision and management of the organizations culture.
- Utilize strategic planning to define a vision for their program, prioritize efforts and achieve designated goals.
The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
- Jeffrey Glasheen, MD, MHM
- Brian Harte, MD
- Russell L. Holman, MD, MHM
- Eric E. Howell, MD, MHM
- Kierstin Kennedy, MD, MSHA, FACP, SFHM
- Michael Wiederman, PhD
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC Credit Statement:
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 20.00 ABIM MOC Self Evaluation PointsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20.00 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
- 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.00 Non-physician
Once you enter the activity, you will see an evaluation for each day and within each day you will be able to select and evaluate the sessions you attended.
At the end of the daily evaluations, you must complete the overall course evaluation before claiming your CME for the entire meeting.
Click START to begin.