Leadership Foundations 2016
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be better able to:
- Evaluate personal leadership strengths and weaknesses and apply them to everyday leadership and management challenges
- Effectively advocate the value of their hospitalist program
- Predict and plan for the near term challenges affecting the viability of their hospitalist programs
- Improve patient outcomes through successful planning, allocation of resources, collaboration, teamwork and execution
- Create and execute a communication strategy for all key constituencies
- Understand key hospital drivers and examine how hospital performance metrics are derived, as well as how hospital medicine practices can influence and impact these metrics
- Implement methods of effective change through leadership, shared vision and managing the organizational culture
- Utilize strategic planning to define a vision for their program, prioritize efforts and achieve designated goals
Accreditation and Designation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Blackwell Futura Media Services and (SOCIETY PARTNER). Blackwell Futura Media Services is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Blackwell Futura Media Services designates this live meeting activity for a maximum of 22.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
No commercial support has been accepted related to the development or publication of this activity.
Faculty Conflict of Interest disclosures:
- Jeffrey Glasheen: ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Exam Committee, Consulting Fee; Hospital Medicine Secrets, Consulting Fee; Rocky Mountain Hospital Medicine Symposium, Honoraria; Practical Reviews in Hospital Medicine, Honoraria; SHM Leadership & Academic Hospitalist Academies, Honoraria, Local & National Grand Rounds Presentations, Honoraria
- Michael Guthrie: Nothing to disclose
- Russell Holman: Nothing to disclose
- Eric Howell: Society of Hospital Medicine, Honoraria, Travel Expenses; Johns Hopkins, Salary
- Timothy Keogh: Nothing to disclose
- John Nelson: Nelson Flores Consultants, Employment; Telmediq, Stock Options
- Larry Wellikson: Society of Hospital Medicine, Employment
- 22.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™