Multisite Leaders in Hospital Medicine Forum
The Multisite Leaders in Hospital Medicine Forum provides attendees with an opportunity to develop valuable professional relationships, learn from peers, and share best practices with other leaders who manage multiple hospitalist practice sites within the same health system. Attendees will review and discuss solutions to the most common and pressing operational challenges on the following topics, which are organized into the corresponding sessions:
Welcome: How to advocate from the HM perspective
Session 1: Hospital economics
Session 2: Demonstrating the value of HM
Session 3: Workforce innovations
Session 4: Addressing the needs of today’s employees
Session 5: Well-being
Closing: What have we Learned
- Following this activity, learners will be able to describe key health care policy priorities for hospitalists and report understanding in how to be involved in advocacy efforts.
- Following this activity, learners will be able to describe the current financial challenges in HM.
- Following this activity, learners will report increased ability to apply innovative models of care, such as Hospital at home and telemedicine.
- Following this activity, learners will be able to describe current workforce needs and how providing benefits can lead to employee retention and wellness.
- Following this activity, learners will be able to apply organizational changes that lead to increased wellness in the workforce.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this activity for a maximum of 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The faculty and planners of these activities have no relevant relationships to disclose unless denoted below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
- Colin Findlay
- Leslie Flores
- Joshua Lapps
- Teresa Caponiti
- Eric Howell
- Jennifer Bell
- David Strand
- Rohit Uppal
- Roberta Himebaugh
- Jay Manning
- Mike Angelides
- Read Peirce
- 8.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 8.50 Non-physician