Rapid Clinical Updates: Heart Failure - Session 1 Evaluation
This activity was made possible in part by an educational grant from Novartis.
The four-part series, SHM Clinical Rapid Updates: Heart Failure, opens with this session outlining guideline-directed medical therapy in heart failure patients, focusing on the impact of care optimization provided by hospitalists. Specific subtopics addressed include:
- the importance of rapid decongestion
- the importance of initiation of GDMT
- inpatient initiate and titration of ARNI
This session is moderated by Joseph Sweigart MD,FHM,SFHM. Our panelists include Ebrahim Barkoudah, MD,FACP,MPH,FHM,SFHM and Nurcan Ilksoy, MD, FACP, FHM.
- Recognize the importance of rapid decongestion
- Recognize the importance of initiation of GDMT
- Describe inpatient initiation/titration of ANRI including PIONEER-HF trial
The planners and faculty of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose unless stated below. All relevant relationships were mitigated prior to the start of this activity.
Ebrahim Barkoudah discloses the following relevant financial or advisory relationships:
- Advisory fees from Portola, Janssen, Novartis, and Pfizer/Bristol-Myers-Squibb to Hospital Medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine research
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provider continuing medical education for physicians.
SHM is dedicated to promoting the highest quality care for all hospitalized patients. SHM is committed to promoting excellence in the practice of hospital medicine through education, advocacy and research.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Non-physician